Wednesday, September 30, 2009

First UltraSound images

We found out we were pregnant on April 11, 2009.   When I was several days late, we decided to take a few at-home pregnancy tests and they were all negative.  We decided to stop the emotional roller coaster of taking the tests and wait until the weekend to take one more.  I was leaving for a week long trip to San Diego for a work conference, so we took the test before I left.  It was the last test we had and low and behold it came back POSITIVE.  Brian ran to the store to buy more so we could be sure, with multiple measures (!!), that it was true positive!!  Needless to say, we were overjoyed.  Waterworks were in full effect and we call both parents and sisters/brothers to share the exciting news.  Lots of tears and screams of joys and celebrating all around.



We had our first doctor's appointment on April 29th and we were 9 weeks along then. We had an ultra sound that day (and have had many since then) because our doctor has a machine in her office. Here are the first images of our little girl!


 

We were so excited to see these images and see and hear the strong heartbeat. I had very little nausea and wasn't that tired, so I was worried about the health of the baby. It was such a relief to see the little "blueberry" in there and hear her heartbeat (of course we didn't know at the time she was a girl)!  We both cried and celebrated this very exciting news!! Looking back it's so funny how excited we were to see this little "blueberry" on the screen.  Amazing how this image, with no distinguishing features or characteristics, can have such such an impact on us and such a hold on our hearts. 

No comments: