Saturday, November 14, 2009

Honeydew Mellon--35 weeks

We are 35 weeks pregant and can't wait to meet are little girl. Everything is going very well and as expected.   According to babycenter, she is the size of a honeydew mellow (though she feels like a WATERMELON), is 18 inches long and weighs 5.5 lbs! On my birthday last weekend I started to have contractions-- painful ones.  We were out to breakfast with a large group of friends celebrating my birthday and I was having stomach cramps and though it was just an upset stomach.  The cramps were cyclical and regular but it NEVER PHASED me they were contractions until a friends mentioned that's what they could be.  Once we started to time them, they were 6 minuets apart!   I called Gretchen, my mom-in-law who is a long time labor and delivery nurse and she told me to go home, rest and drink water.  I did just that and they slowly started to spread out!  For a while there, I thought our little girl and I would be sharing a birthday!  :)  

We had a nonstress test this week and everything is great.  Both the nurse and doctor said that the results were "text book perfect".  Our doc as a 3D ultrasound machine and we got a cute picture of her face.  Once I dig the scanner out, I'll post a photo here.

No comments: